Protection dogs have been used as protectors for centuries. They’re well-trained, affectionate, and protective. At Heart Mountain K9, we offer expert dog training and superior protection dogs. We’re passionate about educating you on the truths of protection dogs and all the security and safety they can bring to you or your family. Keep reading to learn common myths about protection dogs, debunked.
Common Myths About Protection Dogs Debunked
Protection Dogs Are Dangerous
- Probably the most common Myth about Protection Dogs, is that they are not safe
- around children, and while there are exceptions based on other companies’
- standards, a Heart Mountain K9 Personal Protection Dog is no risk to your children.
- Our dogs are raised in our trainers’ homes, around livestock, cats, and children. A
- Heart Mountain K9 Personal Protection Dog is the best form of a reliable house dog.
Protection Dogs are Attack Dogs
- While we cannot speak for other companies, we hear at Heart Mountain K9 claim
- this to be an absolute myth. While our Protection Dogs are trained to Bite, the are
- trained to obey first. A Heart Mountain K9 Protection Dog will not display aggression
- at a time where it is inappropriate to do so. Our dogs are trained in threat detection,
- and are trained to know when it is appropriate to bite and when it isn’t, meaning,
- your dog will not bite someone who is minding their own business and otherwise
- not being a threat.
Protection Dogs Bark A Lot
- Our dogs are family dogs first, and Protection Dogs second. You can’t have a dog in
- the house that is always barking, and to build on that, we can’t have dogs outside
- barking and keeping our neighbors awake. A Heart Mountain K9 Protection Dog is
- always watching out for danger, even when they are relaxing, and if they are
- barking, they can’t focus. Our dogs are taught only to bark when appropriate and
- relax and watch out for their family when not.
Protection Dogs Are Impulsive
- This is probably the most ridiculous theory of them all, and while we cannot speak
- for other companies, Heart Mountain K9 Protection Dogs are some of the most
- reliable dogs in the world. Our animals are trained to protect and obey, but above
- all, they are loyal. These animals value their handler and their family above
- themselves. A Heart Mountain K9 Personal Protection Dog, is nothing if not the
- picture of accountability.